Recipe by everything zen
A Southern version of the classic New England clambake, Frogmore Stew is traditionally served outdoors, spread on a newspaper-covered table.
- 10 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning (I use Old Bay)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 2-inch pieces (OR vegetarian sausage)
- 6 fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 6 baking potatoes, quartered
- 6 onions, cut in half
- 3 ears corn, husked and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 lb large shrimp, unpeeled
- fresh lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- In the hugest soup pot you own: combine broth, seafood seasoning, and red pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add sausage, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and corn. Boil 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Add shrimp and boil 2 to 3 minutes,.
- or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Strain the stew and serve immediately with bowls of the broth and lemon wedges. Goes well with crusty sourdough bread and a crisp green salad. Enjoy! =).