Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, cut in half
- 3 medium onions, cut in half
- 2 ears corn, husked and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 lb medium shrimp, unpeeled (20-30 per pound)
- In a soup pot, combine the water, seafood seasoning, and ground red pepper and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the sausage, potatoes, onions and corn, and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender, add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Strain the stew and sreve immediately, along with bowls of broth for dunking.