Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy recipe to satisfy major chocolate cravings. Can be adapted for many different tastes. Times do not include chill time.
- 18 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can chocolate icing
- 1 (1 lb) package almond bark
- Bake chocolate cake mix as directed.
- Remove from oven. While still hot, crumble cake into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in can of icing until all cake is coated and moist.
- Chill mixture for about an hour.
- Roll chilled mixture into 1/2 inch balls.
- Melt almond bark in the microwave.
- Dip each cake ball into the almond bark and place on wax paper to harden.
- This recipe can be made with any cake mix you like. For an extra rich flavor, use german chocolate icing with chocolate cake. Or use Strawberry cake and white almond bark. Experimentation is the fun part!
I had these in a gift of cookies, but they wouldn't part with the recipe so I looked and looked and figured this one had to be it, and it was. Wow, they were delish but a lot harder to dip than I thought they would be, lets just say they aren't pretty! Could be because I didn't find almond bark and tried to use milk chocolate chips. I am going to try again, after ordering almond bark online. I am determined to get these right! Its hard not to eat the little cake balls as you go......yum!
These are soooo decadent!