Prep 1 min
Cook 6 mins
Quick and easy and pretty tasty! Easy to eat in the car or on the way to class too! Perfect for the lazy college student sick of cold pizza for breakfast or lunch or dinner. ;)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread (the bigger the better!)
- 1 -2 tablespoon shredded cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Spray a small pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut a hole in the middle of the bread.
- Put the bread in the pan on medium/high heat for about a minute each side.
- Crack the egg into the hole in the bread and turn until egg is cooked.
- *The following are optional!*.
- While the egg is cooking you can sprinkle on the cheese. I like the cheese kind of crispy so I put it on almost right after I crack the egg. If you'd like the cheese a little more runny you should probably wait until it's almost done or even after you take it off the heat.
- You can toast and/or butter the bread lightly before cooking if you'd like but it's tasty either way.
I've been having this since I was a kid...except we always put maple syrup on it...a nice amount of syrup on the cut out piece. ..it's sooo good.. Similar to French Toast but better!!! Try it once and you'll be hooked. :)
I made this for my son for breakfast this morning. He liked it but thought the name was weird LOL. I added some red pepper flakes for him because he likes things spicy. Nice quick easy breakfast. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
SO VERY DELICIOUS! I made this for breakfast just now (and really wish I would have made two!) and though my dad made this for us all the time as kids, I'd never made it by myself before, nor ever thought to include cheese (AWESOME!) or to use a cookie cutter for the hole as some reviewers suggested (adorable-I used a Halloween Kitty Cat face). These changes were fantastic and I absolutely loved my tasty little meal this morning! I'm sure to make it again and again! Thanks so much for posting!