Recipe by RaeMay
Quick and easy and pretty tasty! Easy to eat in the car or on the way to class too! Perfect for the lazy college student sick of cold pizza for breakfast or lunch or dinner. ;)
Top Review by Jennifer H.
I've been having this since I was a kid...except we always put maple syrup on it...a nice amount of syrup on the cut out piece. ..it's sooo good.. Similar to French Toast but better!!! Try it once and you'll be hooked. :)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread (the bigger the better!)
- 1 -2 tablespoon shredded cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a small pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut a hole in the middle of the bread.
- Put the bread in the pan on medium/high heat for about a minute each side.
- Crack the egg into the hole in the bread and turn until egg is cooked.
- *The following are optional!*.
- While the egg is cooking you can sprinkle on the cheese. I like the cheese kind of crispy so I put it on almost right after I crack the egg. If you'd like the cheese a little more runny you should probably wait until it's almost done or even after you take it off the heat.
- You can toast and/or butter the bread lightly before cooking if you'd like but it's tasty either way.