Recipe by Julesong
This is my lowcarb version of traditional English "Frog in a Bog"; - pease pudding with sausages.
- 2 cups black soybeans
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped leek, white parts only
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 4 of your favorite sausages (or good quality wieners)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, whir together the black soybeans and green peas.
- Add the onion, leek, eggs, sherry, bacon grease, garlic powder, and soy flour, and whir it all together for about a minute.
- Pour it into a bowl and stir in the shredded mozzarella.
- Place the sausages or wieners in the bottom of a buttered casserole dish, and pour the pease mixture over the top of them; lay the sliced bacon over the top.
- Pop it into the oven, covered, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and boil for about 5-10 minutes until the bacon on top is crispy.