Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different kind of Frog Eye salad. Simply because of an allergy to pineapple, I came up with this I wanted so much to try the regular kind, but didn't relish the idea of a trip to the ER, so this is my compromise. I think its delicious and so does my family.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (20 ounce) candiced peaches in juice, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces acine di pepe pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- In medium saucepan, stir together sugar and flour.
- Drain peaches and mandarin oranges, reserving juice to equal 1 cup.
- With whisk, gradually stir juice and egg into sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Cool mixture to room temperature.
- In large bowl, stir together thickened juice mixture and pasta.
- Cover; refrigerate for about an hour.
- Add peaches, oranges, whipped topping, marshmallows and coconut; mix gently and thoroughly.
- Cover; refrigerate until cold.(Usually several hours or overnight).