Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 2 mins
This is a cool creamy salad,or even dessert.The kids love it.Can use nonfat pudding and Cool Whip to lighten it up. It is a potluck favorite!
- 8 ounces acini di pepe pasta, uncooked
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 1/4 c. juice)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup grapes
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling water 11 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, beat reserved pineapple juice, milk, sugar and pudding for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in pasta,and remaining ingredients.
- May add a cinnamon to taste for added flavor.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Really good and easy too.. Hubby always asks for it I use sugar free pudding and low fat milk i
Good frog eye salad recipe that shortcuts cooking the dressing from the recipe I've made in the past. Saved some calories by using sugar free instant pudding and Splenda sugar replacement and it turned out well. As a side dish, I think we got more than 8 servings - it makes a good amount of salad - great for our Thanksgiving buffet. Thank-you for sharing!
This is a very yummy frog eye salad. I don't really like marshmallows, so I left them out, and really enjoyed the end product!