Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad has the texture of tapioca pudding, a combination of a pudding and a fruit salad. A great replacement for a jell-o salad.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) cancrushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- In small saucepan mix sugar, flour, and salt, stir in pineapple juice and egg.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add lemon juice.
- Set aside and cool.
- cook Acini Di Pepe according to package directions.
- Combine cooked mixture with Acini Di Pepe.
- Cover; place in refrigerator until chilled.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stir lightly.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.