Recipe by Rachel Merrell
This salad has the texture of tapioca pudding, a combination of a pudding and a fruit salad. A great replacement for a jell-o salad.
Top Review by Chefaiath
It's a two day process, or at least a few hours, but SO much better than the ones that use pudding as an easy sauce. My husband LOVES this, but like my mom says, "a mans favourite salad usually contains mini marshmallows."
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) cancrushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan mix sugar, flour, and salt, stir in pineapple juice and egg.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add lemon juice.
- Set aside and cool.
- cook Acini Di Pepe according to package directions.
- Combine cooked mixture with Acini Di Pepe.
- Cover; place in refrigerator until chilled.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stir lightly.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.