Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I loved this as kid. The texture of this salad is fabulous, especially for kids. Very refreshing salad for the summer months, or anytime.
- 1⁄2 lb acini di pepe pasta
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Cook acini de pepe 8 - 10 minutes, rinse in cold water.
- In saucepan, beat egg with wire whisk until foamy.
- Stir in sugar, flour, salt and reserved pineapple juice.
- Cook over low heat, stir until thickened and bubbly.
- In a large bowl, combine acini di pepe with egg mixture.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Stir in pineapple, oranges and marshmallows.
- Fold in whipped cream.
this shows up at all pot lucks around here . good stuff
My favorite fruit salad!!
Loved it! Easy to put together and really makes a large amount - great for those potlucks!