Recipe by Sharlene~W
Acine de Pepe is a small, round pasta, hence the "Frog's Eye". My kids are wild about this recipe. It is their choice whenever we are asked to bring a dish for a pot luck.
- 1 1⁄3 cups acini di pepe pasta (uncooked)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserving 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (I use regular, not sugar-free) or 1 (1 1/2 ounce) boxsugar free vanilla pudding (I use regular, not sugar-free)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans mandarin orange sections, drained
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 11 minutes.
- Drain well, rinsing with cold water to cool pasta.
- In large bowl, beat reserved pineapple juice, milk, sugar and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours.