Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Given to my by my Sister-in-law's Mother. My FIL loved this. I made it for him often.
Make and share this Frog Eye Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare acini de pepe as directed on box.
- In saucepan beat eggs with wire whisk until foamy.
- Stir in flour, salt, sugar and pineapple liquid.
- Cook over low heat until thick and bubbly.
- In large bowl combine acini de pepe with egg mixture and chill overnight.
- Stir in pineapple, oranges and marshmallows.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Cover and Chill thoroughly.
I was going to post this recipe and seen that it was already here. This is the same one that I use except I also add a can of fruit cocktail. I am always asked to bring this dish to any holiday funtion as well.
I also make this salad (with my own twist added) and I have it posted here on 'Zaar. I add cherries and coconut. I also have tried it with the manderin orange juice instead of pineapple. You should try it.
I love this recipe, the flavor can't be beat!