- 4 cups canola oil or 4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup batter frying mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy stockpot to 375º F.
- Using a mandoline or vegetable slicer, thinly slice onion into rings.
- Place onion rings in a large bowl and cover with milk.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne, and 1/2 teaspoon of the paprika.
- Drain onions from milk.
- Dredge in flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Deep-fry until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the paprika.