Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
adapted from serious eats
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 ounces chopped kale, stems trimmed, large ribs removed
- 1 cup unsweetened large-flake coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C with two racks in the top third of the oven.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the olive oil, sesame oil, and shoyu. Put the kale and coconut in a large bowl and toss well with about two-thirds of the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the kale evenly across two baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the coconut is deeply golden brown, tossing once or twice along the way. If the kale mixture on the top baking sheet begins to get too browned, move it to the lower rack.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the kale mixture to a medium bowl. Taste. If you feel it needs a bit more dressing, add some and toss. Serve warm.