1/13 Photos of Frizzled Cabbage
Raise the lowly cabbage to something extraordinary! This technique of sautéing brings out a wonderful sweetness you never knew existed in cabbage. You can add different spices to this recipe: curry, caraway seeds, or hot pepper sauce are just suggestions. But try it plain first! Adapted from The Low-Carb Cookbook by Fran McCullough
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core and very thinly slice the cabbage.
- 2Melt the butter in a large skillet (I use non-stick) over medium heat.
- 3When it is bubbling, add the cabbage.
- 4Salt and pepper the cabbage.
- 5Stir occasionally and cook until mostly wilted, about 10 minutes.
- 6Turn the heat down to medium-low and let cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is starting to caramelize (brown), about 10 minutes.
- 7Do not let burn.
- 8Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frizzled Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 121.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g