Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I received this recipe at a cooking demo at a kitchen supply store. The samples were great!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 lb dried beef, slivered
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms and onions. Cook until tender.
- Add the beef and cook briefly. It should start to frizzle around the edges of the beef.
- Stir in the flour and mustard and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in the half and half and milk. Cook until thickened.
- Add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve over biscuits.