Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 lb fresh cod or 1 lb salt cod fish
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon barbados oh ho! hot sauce
- 4 cups water
- Cook codfish over medium high heat.
- Change water 3 times and re-boil each time to remove most of the salt.
- Cook about 1/2 hour.
- Fish should flake with a fork when cooked.
- Remove codfish from saucepan and shred apart in opposite directions with two forks.
- Heat corn oil in a large skillet.
- Dice onion and green pepper.
- Remove and place on paper towel.
- Add shredded codfish to oil in saucepan.
- Saute' fish for 6 minutes.
- Drain excess oil.
- Add tomato sauce, onion and green pepper to saucepan.
- Bring to a slow bowl and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve frizz fish over cou-cou.
- Sprinkle with Barbados Oh Ho!
- hot sauce.