Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A moist apple cake that does not need any frosting. This is really good with a cup of coffee or hot tea for breakfast. Mom got this recipe when we lived in Seattle WA many years ago.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup cold coffee
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups coarsely chopped apples, of your choice I use Granny Smith's apples
- Mix in order given and pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until cake tests done.