Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can put whatever you want into this frittata.
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup vegetables, chopped (such as roasted red pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, or whatever you have on hand)
- 2 serrano chilies, de-seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic, saute until soft.
- Add vegetables and chilies, saute 5 minutes.
- Put eggs in a bowl and whisk until beaten.
- Add cooked vegetables and remaining ingredients to eggs in bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Oil a 9" pie pan.
- Pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
This was good and quite easy to prepare. I like that there is an option for the veggies. I made mine with minced sundried tomatoes and corn (the corn got it past my kids' inspections). Mine came out a bit dry though. I'm not sure if I cooked it too long or not though. I cooked it for the time stated in the recipe. I will try this again and maybe take it out a bit sooner. Thanks for posting! *Made for PAC Fall '08*