1/1 Photo of Frittatensuppe - Beef Broth Topped With Strips of Sliced Pancake
Austria is a heaven for soup lovers, no meal starts without it. Fritattensuppe is traditionally a home made beef broth topped with rolled up and then thinly sliced strips of pancake, called frittatas. For this application, the pancake doesn't have to be super thin and should be fried golden brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together milk and flour, add the egg, salt and a tbsp of butter, mixing well to make a smooth batter. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- 2Add a little butter to a nonstick omelette pan, ladle some of the batter in the center of the pan than tilt it to evenly cover entire surface. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Lift the edge with a spatula to loosen and turn, add more butter and cook for another minute. Remove to a platter. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4If the batter gets too thick towards the end, just add a little milk and mix well.
- 5Let the pancakes cool off, then roll each one tight together like a cigar and with a sharp knife slice thinly across.
- 6Top each bowl of broth with the frittata slices or serve separately on the side. Finish the soup with chopped chives and grated nutmeg (optional).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittatensuppe - Beef Broth Topped With Strips of Sliced Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 137.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g