Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Williams-Sonoma California appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks, including tender green tops
- salt and pepper, plus a little extra salt
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mixed minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, basil, and mint
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a flameproof, 10-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the leeks, salt and pepper. Sauté 15 minutes or until soft. Do not let leeks brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add herbs, cheese, and pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low and cook very slowly until the eggs are set around the sides but still a little moist in the center. This should take another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. When the eggs are ready, slip the frying pan under the broiler several inches from the heat source and broil until the top is lightly colored and the center is firm., about 1 minuted. Slide the frittata onto a cutting board. Serve warm, cut into wedges.
The frittata was reduced to 2 delicious servings for brunch for 2 and served along with garden fresh tomatoes and Sourdough Whole Wheat Biscuits. The fresh herbs are a must. Made for Aussie Swap.