Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great brunch dish for the holidays!
- 8 ounces pancetta, diced
- 6 ounces shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In fry pan over medium-high heat, cook pancetta until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour off all but 1 tbsp fat from pan; return pan to medium heat. Cook shallots until tender, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, cheese, and parsley. Stir in pancetta and shallots. In deep half of frittata pan over medium-low heat, warm 1 tablespoons of oil. Add eggs; cook until they begin to set, 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally with rubber spatula during first 2 minutes of cooking. Place shallow pan upside down on top of deep pan; flip frittata into shallow pan. Cook, covered, unti eggs are completely set, 7-10 minutes. Shake pan to loosen frittata; slide it onto serving plate.
- Let stand 10 minutes. In bowl, toss salad greens with lemon juice and drizzle of olive oil. Cut frittata in slices. Serve with salad greens.