Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light, JUNE 2004
- cooking spray
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 2 large)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups hot cooked linguine (about 4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add mushrooms and leek; cook 6 minutes or until leek is tender, stirring frequently.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add leek mixture, pasta, and basil; toss gently to combine.
- Heat pan over medium-low heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add egg mixture; cook until edges begin to set (about 4 minutes).
- Gently lift edge of egg mixture, tilting pan to allow some uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan.
- Cook 5 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; wrap handle of pan with foil.
- Bake 7 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 8 wedges.