Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe by Kristen Swensson Sturt at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/jnsk9S
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped button mushrooms or 1 1⁄2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- In an oven-proof skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add onion and mushroom to fat in pan. Saute until onion is limp and mushrooms have mostly dried out, 10-12 minutes. Reduce heat to low and spread vegetables into an evenly-thick layer across the entire pan.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over vegetables. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan. Cook under broiler until top just begins to set, 5-10 minutes.
- Crumble bacon evenly over eggs. Broil until fully set, 2-4 minutes. Quickly cut into 4 pieces and serve.