Haven't made this yet -- but looking forward to giving it a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 red onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 zucchini
- 4 chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped and loosely packed
- 1/4 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Greast 12" tart pan with removable bottom.
- 2Preheat oven to 300.
- 3Whip together cream cheese, flour and eggs. Set aside.
- 4Chop finely, process, or grate: red onion, garlic, zucchini, chanterelle mushrooms, yellow sweet pepper, and fresh basil leaves.
- 5Place mixture into a cloth napkin and squeeze out all excess moisture. Then place mixture into large mixing bowl.
- 6To the cream cheese mixture, add 8 more eggs, the grated Swiss cheese, salt and white pepper. Whip together well.
- 7Add cheese-and-egg mixture to mixing bowl of chopped vegetables. Blend well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 8Bake at 300 for 1 hour. Just before the Frittata comes out of the oven, prepare the sauce.
- 9DIJON-HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:.
- 10In a double boiler, whip egg yolks and lemon juice until mixture has a custard-like consistency. Add salt, white pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- 11In a separate pan, melt butter, then add it very slowly, a few drops at a time, to the egg uolk mixture, whipping constantly.
- 12Add mustard, blend well.
- 13Top Frittata with Dijon-Hollandaise Sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata With Dijon-Hollandaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.7
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 545.9 mg
- Sodium 732.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 23.8 g