Recipe by seahorse73
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Inactive Prep Time: 2 minutes
Top Review by PaulaG
The recipe was reduced to 3 servings and made a very nice lunch for DH and I. I subbed a grated white cheese for the Fontina. The frittata was cooked until almost set and then flipped onto a plate and slide back into the pan to cook the top in lieu of placing under the broiler. This was served with left over Recipe #59917 and fresh baked bread.
- 6 large eggs
- 29.58 ml whipping cream
- 2.46 ml salt, plus a pinch
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 340.19 g asparagus, trimmed,cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tomatoes, seeded,diced
- 85.04 g fontina, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
- Place the skillet under the broiler.
- Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes.
- Let the frittata stand 2 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a plate.