1/6 Photos of Frittata with Asparagus, Tomato, and Fontina
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Inactive Prep Time: 2 minutes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- 6Raise the heat to medium-high.
- 7Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer.
- 8Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese.
- 10Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
- 11Place the skillet under the broiler.
- 12Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes.
- 13Let the frittata stand 2 minutes.
- 14Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a plate.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata with Asparagus, Tomato, and Fontina
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 407.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g