Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Inactive Prep Time: 2 minutes
Make and share this Frittata with Asparagus, Tomato, and Fontina recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
- Place the skillet under the broiler.
- Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes.
- Let the frittata stand 2 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a plate.