Recipe by little_wing
Nice breakfast or brunch treat. If you substitute table salt for the kosher salt, make sure to decrease the amount.
Top Review by Lainey39
Really yummy! I reduced the salt. It was wonderful. I also used some romano and asiago cheeses with this in addition to the parmesan. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
- 1 1⁄4 cups egg substitute or 5 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces medium asparagus spears, woody stems trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 8)
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, coarsely chopped (about 2 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs, 3 tablespoons of the cheese, the milk, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to taste together in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and Canadian bacon, and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the fillings evenly.
- Cover, and cook until the bottom sets, but does not get too brown, about 9 minutes.
- Remove the cover, scatter the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese over the surface.
- Run the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Slip the frittata out of the pan onto a cutting board, cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or room temperature.