Recipe by Alan Leonetti
THIS MAKES A GREAT BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, OR EVEN A DINNER. TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT!
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp (peeled/cleaned) or 1⁄2 lb sea scallops (sliced in half horizontally)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley (for garnish)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add the 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Quickly blanch either the shrimp or the scallops in the salted water, then drain and toss in the melted butter.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, 9 inch, cast iron or oven proof skillet over high heat and pour in the eggs.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs are almost coagulated.
- The eggs should be semi-solid.
- Add the shrimp or scallops and distribute them evenly.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, until the eggs are completely done.
- Remove from oven, top with parsley and serve.