Recipe by Barb G.
We love different kinds of Frittatas. I hope that you will enjoy this one. This makes 12 servings, It is good cold. Leave out the ham and you have a great vegetarian dish.
Top Review by GregV
I tried this recipe this morning for the crew at work and got rave reviews. I was a bit reluctant with all the cheeses in it, but forged ahead. It was DELICIOUS!!! The only changes I made was to add some dried basil and thyme to the cheeses before stiring into the beaten eggs, and substituted cooked link sausage for the ham. I definitetly will make this again. Thanks Barb.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup small white mushroom, sliced
- 12 ounces cooked asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, reserve tips
- 1 cup diced ham (optional)
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream (fat free works great)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet.
- Cook potatoes, onions and mushrooms over medium heat until tender.
- Add asparagus pieces and ham, if using.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture into an oil-sprayed 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir in cheeses, cream, parsley, salt and pepper into beaten eggs.
- Pour egg mixture into baking dish.
- Top with asparagus tips.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes until set in middle.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.