Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. This is a veggie Frittata that I make as a weeknight dinner for my family.... it gets requested over & over.
- 12 eggs
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 566.99 g package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 118.29 ml bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 236.59 ml Baby Spinach, stems removed
- 78.07 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 78.07 ml mushroom, diced
- 6 dinner rolls, broken
- 78.07 ml ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan-romano cheese mix, shredded
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 0 black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Get your big oven safe pot out on the stove to heat on medium -- I use my enameled dutch oven.
- Melt the butter in the pan over medium heat, add Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes and Onion, mushrooms and diced red pepper and saute until potatoes lightly browned stirring frequently, aproximately 10 minutes.
- Then add your bread, bacon and cleaned [and dry] spinach until it is all coated and looks well distributed. Pat the mixture down gently so its fairly even looking. Whisk your eggs, ricotta, half & half, salt and pepper until fluffy -- you can use blender if you have.
- Pour egg mixture over the other components. Don't stir; sprinkle your Parmesan & Romano across the top. Put it in the oven on middle rack uncovered for 45-50 minutes, until it is golden brown the middle is firm looking.
- Serve with sliced apple or grapes or a nice salad.
My family loved it....and I will make this again and again as it was certainly a crowd pleaser at my house!!!
Super easy and delish even for a novice like me. Light and fluffy but substantial enough to satisfy. YUM.
YUM! This was awesome! My kids even liked it! The recipe was easy to follow and I like the flexability you have with it!