Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Beat eggs and milk lightly. Add cheese, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Pour in egg mixture and reduce heat as edges of omelet begin to thicken.
- With a fork, draw cooked portions toward center to allow uncooked mixture to flow to bottom of skillet. Shake and tilt skillet as necessary to aid flow of uncooked eggs. Do not stir. When eggs no longer flow and surface is still moist, increase heat to quickly brown the bottom of omelet. Loosen edges carefully and fold omelet over.
- Slide omelet onto a warm platter.
This was OK for my family. I followed the recipe as written except I only used one tablespoon of parsley and my family thought that was way too much.
I scaled this down to serve one and it made a quick and easy, light supper! I, too, used green onion but fresh parsley. Any fresh herbs would work. Going to try it with some fresh oregano. Made for ZWT 7.
Simple and easy to make. Very good, enjoyed for our brunch today. Used green onions and dried parsley. Thank You.
Made for ZWT7~Emerald City Shakers