Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a delicious breakfast/brunch entree, but would also do well as a light meatless dinner. Pair with a fruit salad, crusty rolls, and a glass of good white wine! I originally cut this out from a magazine, but don't remember which one it was from.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten with
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, tops included
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix spinach,eggs,onions,feta cheese,1/2 cup mozarella cheese,and 1/4 t. salt until well blended.
- In broiler-safe nonstick 10 inch pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and arrange tomatoes on top, pushing some into the eggs.
- Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until the egg mixture is just set around the edges.
- Place skillet about 5 to 6 inches from the broiler and broil for 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture is just set in the center.
- Remove and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozeralla cheese.
- Broil about 1 minute longer until the chees melts and is slightly browned.
- Loosen from skillet and cut into wedges and serve.