Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is a delicious breakfast/brunch entree, but would also do well as a light meatless dinner. Pair with a fruit salad, crusty rolls, and a glass of good white wine! I originally cut this out from a magazine, but don't remember which one it was from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten with
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, tops included
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Mix spinach,eggs,onions,feta cheese,1/2 cup mozarella cheese,and 1/4 t. salt until well blended.
- 3In broiler-safe nonstick 10 inch pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- 4Pour egg mixture into skillet and arrange tomatoes on top, pushing some into the eggs.
- 5Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until the egg mixture is just set around the edges.
- 6Place skillet about 5 to 6 inches from the broiler and broil for 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture is just set in the center.
- 7Remove and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozeralla cheese.
- 8Broil about 1 minute longer until the chees melts and is slightly browned.
- 9Loosen from skillet and cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 236.4 mg
- Sodium 568.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 19.4 g