1/2 Photos of Frittata Di Spaghetti (With Sausage and Mushrooms)
Alan in SW Florida's Note:
This is a great way to use up left-over spaghetti (or left-over pasta of any kind). I often cook extra spaghetti just so I can make this the next morning. You can use unsauced pasta as well, but I like the spaghetti just covered with red sauce. This is a wonderful brunch dish and one that many have never tried before. Have some warm red sauce (try (Al's Marinara Sauce)) to serve over and top with grated Parmigiana and a sprinkle of finely shredded fresh basil leaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 lb white mushroom, thinly sliced (or crimini or portobello are good, too)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups left-over spaghetti, lightly mixed in a little meatless red sauce (or unsauced or any other cooked pasta)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided (1/2 cup)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups warm pasta sauce (spaghetti or marinara sauce) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium skillet, melt the butter with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the sausage and cook and crumble over medium heat until sausage loses its pinkness, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Transfer this mixture to a large bowl and add the pasta, that is already mixed with the tomato sauce (or unsauced), prosciutto, cream, and a 1/4 cup of the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- 4Heat the remaining olive oil in a clean 10-inch, non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium heat (if the skillet is not ovenproof, wrap the handle tightly in aluminum foil). Add the egg mixture and cook over medium heat until the bottom of eggs is set and a light golden brown color appears. (Do NOT over-brown by using too much heat, too fast!).
- 5Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 7 minutes, or until eggs are set to desired consistency and begin to puff up a bit. Remove from oven and let rest for about 2 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with remaining grated cheese, and warm red sauce and sprinkled with shredded basil leaves, if desired.
- 6Mangia Bene!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata Di Spaghetti (With Sausage and Mushrooms)
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1406.7
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 514.0 mg
- Sodium 1091.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 56.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: