1/1 Photo of Frittata D'aosta--mushroom and Cheese
Easy, versatile and scrumptious egg frittatta with great presentation. Something to make when you need a whole new idea. Can be served for main course, side dish or even appetizer.
My Private Note
large f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large potatoes, I suggest Yukon but all purpose is fine, sliced 1/4 thick and then in half
- 2 vidalia onions (not in rings though) or 2 sweet onions, sliced (not in rings though)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 cup sliced portabello mushroom
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 -6 large fresh basil leaves, finely minced or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and
- cheddar cheese (either sharp or mild)
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use sea salt and fresh ground pepper but not a must)
- extra virgin olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray (I use Pam)
- grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese, for garnish
- 1First, for ease in assembling, prepare all the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl whip together the eggs and cream. Add the cheeses and mix.
- 3In a large, oven proof skillet, spray non stick spray. Heat pan to hot and add 3-4 tablespoons Olive Oil (enough to cover bottom but not deep). Heat til olive oil is ripply, then lower heat. Saute the onions, mushrooms and garlic til just barely caramelized. Add the potatoes and basil, salt and pepper, and if you choose the optionals, add them now. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on med low just flipping the potatoes, etc., occasionally til slightly browned and cooked through, being careful not to burn. (If it looks like it's trying to "act up", just add a touch more of oil).
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Pour in the egg/cheese mixture, tapping down and slightly mixing to make sure egg/cheese mixture is evenly distributed.
- 6Bake in 350°F oven, uncovered for 45-50 minutes and does not "jiggle". Let stand 15 minutes to settle. Slice as you'd like (I slice like a pie). Sprinkle with either Parmesan or Romano cheese and serve. Yummy!
- 7PS Reheats great in microwave the next day and the flavor and texture are fantastic! Does not get watery at all.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata D'aosta--mushroom and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 217.4 mg
- Sodium 174.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 13.1 g