Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Omelet with Zucchini Flowers from The Roseto Cuisine Cookbook
Make and share this Frittata Con Fior Di Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- 12 squash blossoms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fresh green onions, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (grated or thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper
- Pick zucchini flowers early, during the morning , when their petals open with sunshine. Only the male flowers ( the ones which will not bear fruit) are picked.
- Wash the zucchini flowers throughly.
- Remove pistils.
- Snip flowers into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a 10" skillet. Add the chopped green onions.
- When soft add the zucchini flowers and saute a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the flowers and onions and cook until the bottom side of the omelet is brown.
- Flip over with the aid of a dish or spatula, and brown the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and cut into wedge shaped pieces.