Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Omelet with Zucchini Flowers from The Roseto Cuisine Cookbook
Make and share this Frittata Con Fior Di Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- Pick zucchini flowers early, during the morning , when their petals open with sunshine. Only the male flowers ( the ones which will not bear fruit) are picked.
- Wash the zucchini flowers throughly.
- Remove pistils.
- Snip flowers into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a 10" skillet. Add the chopped green onions.
- When soft add the zucchini flowers and saute a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the flowers and onions and cook until the bottom side of the omelet is brown.
- Flip over with the aid of a dish or spatula, and brown the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and cut into wedge shaped pieces.