Omelet with Zucchini Flowers from The Roseto Cuisine Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pick zucchini flowers early, during the morning , when their petals open with sunshine. Only the male flowers ( the ones which will not bear fruit) are picked.
- 2Wash the zucchini flowers throughly.
- 3Remove pistils.
- 4Snip flowers into small pieces.
- 5Heat olive oil in a 10" skillet. Add the chopped green onions.
- 6When soft add the zucchini flowers and saute a few minutes.
- 7Beat the eggs and then add the remaining ingredients.
- 8Pour over the flowers and onions and cook until the bottom side of the omelet is brown.
- 9Flip over with the aid of a dish or spatula, and brown the other side.
- 10Transfer to a plate and cut into wedge shaped pieces.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata Con Fior Di Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 304.8 mg
- Sodium 366.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: