Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Made in mini muffin pans, very cute.
Make and share this Frittata Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Cook zucchini, pepper and garlic in margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain well; stir in rice.
- Cool; stir in cheese.
- Press approximately 1 tablespoon rice mixture into miniature muffin pans coated with cooking spray.
- Combine eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and salt; pour evenly over rice mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.
These are so cute. Very easy to make up. I finely chopped my zucchini and I used a little red onion instead of the peppers. I also omitted the cooking the veggies step. Very easy and will make again.
These are very cute and very tasty. I left out the butter and cooked my veggies in some cooking spray. I used cooked brown rice and needed an additional egg and 1/4 cup additional milk to cover my rice mix. I think broccoli cut up fine could be used instead of the zuchinni as well. A nice breakfast or light lunch. I did spray my muffin tins but next time I'd spray them more!