1/1 Photo of Frittata (Basic Pasta and Cheese)
Momma Dukes's Note:
This is a take on a recipe from Giada at Food Network. It is great for beakfast through brunch. The wedges are easy to take and serve and may be eaten out of hand. This basic recipe is nice. You can vary the pasta, cheese, additions and seasonings to suit your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup grated cheese, of choice (eg. Parmesean or Swiss and or Cheddar)
- 4 cups cooked leftover pasta, of choice (eg. Penne or Spagetti)
- 1 -2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh herbs of choice (eg. Thyme or Parsley or Basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together. Gently fold in the cheese, pasta and rest of ingredients. One at a time, in that order.
- 2In a nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 3Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- 4Flip the frittata by sliding it onto a large plate or tray then carefully inverting it back into the pan. Continue to cook for 5 to 6 minutes more.
- 5Remove from pan then cut into wedges and serve. This is delicious served warm or at room temperature.
- 6(You may also add about 1/2 cup of leftovers such as cubed meat or diced sauted vegetables mixing and matching to suit your taste. Some of my favorites are ham and Swiss, or chicken and cheddar with a tablespoon or so of canned green chilies. Be creative, find your own then share the results).
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frittata (Basic Pasta and Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.0
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 309.5 mg
- Sodium 679.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh herbs of choice