Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this for brunch this morning, so thought I'd share.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small potatoes, diced (about pea size)
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham
- 1⁄4 cup diced red capsicum
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil, add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the diced potato and cook until browned.
- I put the skillet lid on now and allow the potatoes to cook completely through-about 10 minutes.
- Add the ham, capsicum and tomatoes, and cook uncovered for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix the egg, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, together in a bowl, then pour over the ham and vegetables in the pan.
- Cook over a gentle heat for about 6 minutes or until just set.
- Place under your griller (broiler) to brown the top, then serve immediately, cut into wedges, or allow to cool and serve cold.
Great little breakfast dish. DH and I liked it but had too many potatoes for us. Will reduce the amount for next time. I partially cooked the potato in the micro and then proceeded with the recipe for two.
I made the full recipe and it fed 3 of us very nicely with some hot buttered toast. Thanks Jan for a tasty and filling breakfast, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.
This looked and tasted wonderful - I used mushies instead of capsicum. I loved the ease of whipping it up too.