Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe a buddy in the Air Force made for me. It was easy, cheap, and everyone loved it. Hope you will also!!
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) bag corn chips or 1 (9 3/4 ounce) bagbarbecue corn chips
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- picante sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Prepare ground beef according to taco mix.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Line bottom of 8x8-inch casserole dish with corn chips.
- Put ground beef mixture on corn chips.
- Spread cheese till well covered.
- Heat in oven till cheese is melted.
- Put your sour cream, lettuce, and picante sauce as needed.
This satisfied my craving for frito taco salad!!! This is great! I used Fritos' limited edition Tim McGraw spicy jalapeno Fritos that have been calling my name every since I saw them at the store. (they should be permanent, not limited edition) I really don't use pre-packaged taco seasoning so I just threw in 1/4 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt and 1/8 tsp cayenne into my ground beef. Topped with pico de gallo (Pico De Gallo). Thanks so much for posting!!! Had a great lunch and makes lots for leftovers too!!!
My family loved it! It was so easy to make. We will be having this again.
great with beer!