1/1 Photo of Frito Pie Baked Potato
Starvin' Single's Note:
This is a spicy meal meant for singles or couples. It's delicious and a great comfort food! Even though it involves a baked potato, this is not a side dish - it's a full meal. Thanks to Bakers Brothers Deli for the inspiration! For me, this is way too much food, so I usually eat half of it for one meal and half later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large baked potato
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional) or 1 tablespoon margarine (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can wolf brand chili with beans
- 1/2 cup Fritos chili cheese corn chips (crushed into large pieces, this is done easiest while still in the bag)
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 1In the microwave or oven, bake the large potato (leave the skin on before and after cooking).
- 2While baking the potato, heat the chili on the stove top or in the microwave.
- 3After cooking the potato until tender, chunk it with a fork removing any brown spots while adding in the butter.
- 4Sprinkle the potato with cheese and pour on some of the heated chili. If necessary, heat the smothered potato in the microwave for 30 seconds or so.
- 5Mix in the crushed Fritos and top with sour cream, jalapenos, and Tabasco sauce, all to taste.
- 6Mix well, eat well, and tell your vegetarian friends and cardiologist that you'll die happy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frito Pie Baked Potato
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.3
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 2564.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fritos chili cheese corn chips