Recipe by Starvin' Single
This is a spicy meal meant for singles or couples. It's delicious and a great comfort food! Even though it involves a baked potato, this is not a side dish - it's a full meal. Thanks to Bakers Brothers Deli for the inspiration! For me, this is way too much food, so I usually eat half of it for one meal and half later.
- 1 large baked potato
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional) or 1 tablespoon margarine (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) canwolf brand chili with beans
- 1⁄2 cup Fritos chili cheese corn chips (crushed into large pieces, this is done easiest while still in the bag)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In the microwave or oven, bake the large potato (leave the skin on before and after cooking).
- While baking the potato, heat the chili on the stove top or in the microwave.
- After cooking the potato until tender, chunk it with a fork removing any brown spots while adding in the butter.
- Sprinkle the potato with cheese and pour on some of the heated chili. If necessary, heat the smothered potato in the microwave for 30 seconds or so.
- Mix in the crushed Fritos and top with sour cream, jalapenos, and Tabasco sauce, all to taste.
- Mix well, eat well, and tell your vegetarian friends and cardiologist that you'll die happy.