Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Living in the south you find these at football games, Sonic Drive Inn, and just about any fair that you attend. Very tasty and even better with a squirt of mustard.
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 cup prepared chili
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped onions (optional)
- mustard (optional)
- Assemble by heating chili until warm either in a pot on the stove or in a microwave.
- Place corn chips in a bowl, pour over chili then top with the cheese, and onions if desired.
- Finish with a squirt of mustard.
Being from Texas, Frito Pie was the 6th food group....especially at a football game! Wolf Brand Chili is the only way to go (NO BEANS!). I eat mine with diced red onion, cheese and sour cream on top. I absolutely hate mustard so I'll have to leave that one out. :-) Thanks for posting.
also a great recipe to use for fund-raising events! our p.t.a. sold them at fun night recently and served them directly out of snack-size bags of fritos corn chips. a fun presentation, yummy and very popular!
This was a fun Sunday night dinner. I used Kelly's Chili for the chili. We've never had Frito Pie before & DH felt a pie should have a top, so I topped with crushed corn chips & grated cheese. Thanks for sharing this recipe.