Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
More of a meal than a snack.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (10 ounce) bag corn chips, chili cheese flavored
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 2 avocados, diced (optional)
- hot sauce, to taste
- sour cream, to taste
- Sautee ground turkey and season with taco seasoning according to packet directions. Set aside.
- Dice onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and avocados. Slice olives. Crush 1 cup corn chips for topping and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining corn chips, cheese, cooked meat, black beans, enchilada sauce, sauteed vegetables, olives and corn. Once well blended, place in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top meat mixture with crushed corn chips.
- Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce and top with diced tomatoes and avocados, hot sauce and sour cream to taste.
I was looking a frito pie recipe and loved that this one used turkey and enchilada sauce. I found it super easy to put together and absolutely delicious. I omitted the bell peppers as I did not have them, but added the suggested diced tomatoes to the top of the frito pie and some cilantro. I will be keeping this wonderful recipe in my permanent recipe book. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.