Recipe by Julesong
These are so easy that I hesitate to post the recipe. They're a hit with kids, though, and tasty. Also good with sauteed mushrooms.
Top Review by DazzlinDonna
The corn chips made this just a little too salty, but otherwise this was an ok dish. The major scoring point was that I was able to pull this dish off without ruining it. That gets a thumbs up from me.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup crushed Fritos corn chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ground beef, corn chips, onion, garlic, egg, Tabasco, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix well and form into small meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs in oil.
- Place meatballs in a large pot, stir together the soup and water, and pour the soup mixture over the meatballs and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 1 hour.
- Serve over rice or noodles.