Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I like my chili thick and mild with just a bit of zing and I hate the taste of pre-packaged seasoning mix so here's my own chili recipe served my favorite way...scooped over a layer of fritos corn chips and topped with shredded cheddar cheese! This reminds me of childhood! Enjoy.
- 453.59 g ground chuck
- 226.79 g ground sausage (I use mild pork sausage but you could use ground turkey, italian sausage or whatever you choose)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onions, chopped or 29.58 ml minced onion flakes
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 2 (850.48 g) can light kidney beans, drained
- 4.92 ml cumin, heaping
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- 4.92 ml parsley flakes, heaping
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes (omit this if you dont want zing)
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- Fritos corn chips
- shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a dutch oven or large pot.
- Cook until beef and sausage are browned and drain excess grease.
- Turn heat to medium and add remaining ingredients.
- Turn heat to medium low and simmer for 40 minutes.
- To Serve:.
- Pour a layer of Fritos onto a plate or into a bowl.
- Spoon chili over Fritos.
- Garnish with desired amount of shredded cheddar cheese.
A delicious chili recipe. Although the ingredient list looks daunting...it comes together quickly. This is quite a spicy chili and so future reviewers might want to opt out of the red pepper flakes or cayenne seasoning. Made for Spice of the Month. - Paprika!~