1/1 Photo of Frito Chili Pie
I like my chili thick and mild with just a bit of zing and I hate the taste of pre-packaged seasoning mix so here's my own chili recipe served my favorite way...scooped over a layer of fritos corn chips and topped with shredded cheddar cheese! This reminds me of childhood! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 lb ground sausage (I use mild pork sausage but you could use ground turkey, italian sausage or whatever you choose)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onions, chopped or 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin, heaping
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes, heaping
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit this if you dont want zing)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Fritos corn chips
- shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in a dutch oven or large pot.
- 2Cook until beef and sausage are browned and drain excess grease.
- 3Turn heat to medium and add remaining ingredients.
- 4Turn heat to medium low and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 5To Serve:.
- 6Pour a layer of Fritos onto a plate or into a bowl.
- 7Spoon chili over Fritos.
- 8Garnish with desired amount of shredded cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frito Chili Pie
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.9
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 1609.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: