A great quick meal that was a favorite in my family when I was growing up and that my kids love too! Recipe has been adjusted to 2 cans of chili as suggested by reviewers. I normally use one and don't use the entire bag of fritos. You can adjust the chili to frito ratio to your taste. More chili is always good.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a square casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of casserole dish with tamales.
- Top tamales with a thin layer of corn chips.
- Spread 1 can of chili on top of corn chips.
- Top chili with 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Add another layer of corn chips.
- Cover with remaining chili.
- Top chili with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake 30 minutes.