Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great quick meal that was a favorite in my family when I was growing up and that my kids love too! Recipe has been adjusted to 2 cans of chili as suggested by reviewers. I normally use one and don't use the entire bag of fritos. You can adjust the chili to frito ratio to your taste. More chili is always good.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a square casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of casserole dish with tamales.
- Top tamales with a thin layer of corn chips.
- Spread 1 can of chili on top of corn chips.
- Top chili with 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Add another layer of corn chips.
- Cover with remaining chili.
- Top chili with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Nice version of the standard frito pie. Loved the addition of the tamales. Thanks for sharing. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
This is just sooo goood. I took it to a potluck and everyone loved it. I forgot to rate it (months ago - sorry) but my daughter is having a pot luck and I thought about this recipe again! Love the addition of the tamales.
Nice easy supper. I added 2 cans of chili as it looked alittle 'dry' with one. Will make again :)