Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A favorite of my kids and my nieces and nephews.
Top Review by Julie T.
Yum! I followed the recipe except I didn't bake it. After reading some of the reviews, I didn't want to bake the Fritos as some said the Fritos weren't so good in leftovers. Instead I finished it by leaving it in the skillet, topping with the cheese and covering to melt the cheese. So no heating the oven in the summer heat! Topped each serving with crumpled Fritos, lettuce, diced tomatoes, cilantro, salsa and sour cream. I think this would make an excellent party dip too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package Frito corn chips
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the beef is browned and the onion is tender; drain.
- Add the soup, corn, and chiles; stir to mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- In a shallow 3-quart casserole dish, layer the meat mixture, corn chips, and enchilada sauce.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.