A favorite of my kids and my nieces and nephews.
Make and share this Frito Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package Frito corn chips
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the beef is browned and the onion is tender; drain.
- Add the soup, corn, and chiles; stir to mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- In a shallow 3-quart casserole dish, layer the meat mixture, corn chips, and enchilada sauce.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.