Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy summer recipe for kids.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili (no beans)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Use 8 x 8-inch (glass preferably) dish.
- Place a layer of of Fritos on the bottom of casserole tray.
- Spread a layer of cheese on the chips, then follow with a layer of chili and sprinkle chopped onions.
- Repeat the process on next layer using remaining chili and onions top with more Fritos and use remaining cheese and onions on top.
- Bake at 350°F till cheese is melted and chili is hot.
- Many variations if you choose to embellish.
- It's a simple recipe the kids will love.
kids love it,but adults love it also.I'm sure its high in calories but stillvery good.
I made this for lunch today. My son loved it. I did leave the onions out. It taste just like the kind we buy at the football games... I think this would also be good on a baked potato.